Jesus the Savior

  Who does the Bible say is the Savior of mankind?

  God Himself leaves no room for doubt. He said:

  "I, I am Yahweh, 
   and there is no other Savior but Me." 
   Isaiah 43:11

  "I have been Yahweh your God
   ever since the land of Egypt;
   you know no God but Me,
   and no Savior exists besides Me.
   Hosea 13:4

  Even the mighty King David knew to Whom he needed to turn:  

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,
my God, my mountain where I seek refuge.
My shield, the horn of my salvation, 
my stronghold, my refuge,
and my Savior..."
2 Samuel 22:2-3 


  But did you know that the word "Savior" in Hebrew is יָשַׁע, transliterated "yasha`," from whence comes the name Yeshua, or Jesus?

  Yeshua means "YHWH Saves." 

  Which fits right in with what the angel had told Joseph about Mary and the Child she was carrying in her belly (italics mine),

  "She will give birth to a son, and you are to name Him Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21 


  Now pay careful attention to the words of Mary's cousin Elizabeth, who excitedly said this when the already pregnant Mary came to visit her:

43 "How could this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

44 For you see, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped for joy inside me! 

45 She who has believed is blessed because what was spoken to her by the Lord will be fulfilled!” Luke 1

  Did you hear what Elizabeth just said? Elizabeth expressed a deep honor that the mother of her Lord, the baby in her womb, had come to her, and then identifies that very same Lord as the God Who had promised Mary the Child! 

  But it was not just Elizabeth who understood Whose Presence they were enjoying. Even the babe in Elizabeth's womb, the soon-to-be-born John who would later be called the Baptist, even he recognized Who had come to visit along with Mary.

  In the midst of this spiritually electrifying atmosphere, Mary responds to Elizabeth in the only way possible: 

46 And Mary said:
     My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,

47 How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!" Luke 1

  To a mind unfamiliar with the complex unity of the God of the Bible, this would make no sense. But there is no contradiction in the minds of Mary, Elizabeth or even the Gospel writer Luke. As the Apostle John explains in his Gospel:

1 In the beginning was the Word,
   and the Word was with God, 
   and the Word was God.

   ...

14 The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. John 1

  "The Word Who was God" had humbled Himself and taken on a human body to become the One Who would save His people from their sins. The Savior God was now also incarnate in a human womb.  

  Some months later, God sent a messenger to bring a wonderful report to some lowly shepherds in the fields outside Bethlehem:     

10 But the angel said to them, “Don’t be afraid, for look, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: 

11 Today a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord, was born for you in the city of David." Luke 2

  "Messiah the Lord." Once again, confirmation from a heavenly messenger that the Savior was, in fact, the Lord YHWH (see article linked to below).

  Our final confirmation comes from the Lord Jesus Himself, Who said,

16 “For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 


17 For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." 


  Today, 2,000 years later, Jesus is still saving souls and transforming lives. 

  Has He saved yours yet? 

  All you need to do is ask Him, and He will do it!

  As for me and my house:


"... we look forward with hope
to that wonderful day 
when the glory of our great God and Savior,
Jesus Christ,
will be revealed." 
Titus 2:13



  See also:

  Messiah The Lord YHWH!

  http://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/03/messiah-lord-yhwh.html

  Who Said That God Would Come to Earth As a Man?

  http://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/03/who-said-that-god-would-come-to-earth.html

  There is Only One God and Savior!

  http://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/03/there-is-only-one-god-and-savior.html



Comments